The AV Wall is a half-scale size tribute monument of the Vietnam War Memorial in Washington, D.C. It is cared for by Point Man Antelope Valley (PMAV), a veterans outreach organization that ministers to veterans of all wars.
PMAV is a non-profit, faith-based 501(c)(3) autonomous organization that is fully financed by donations. PMAV is under the umbrella of Point Man International Ministries (PMIM), Spring Brook, NY.
The concept of a local mobile Vietnam memorial wall was first discussed in 2005 when a committee celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Palmdale Playhouse was looking for a mobile wall to display at the A Piece of My Heart play. The play by Shirley Lauro details the stories and struggles of six women who served in Vietnam. A mobile wall would be the perfect tie-in, but none were available at that time. “Why can’t we build our own wall?” was asked by a Playhouse staff member, and the concept took off!
It took four years to raise the $102,000 to fabricate the wall. Signs and Designs, Inc. of Palmdale was integral in the manufacturing and engraving of the wall. Each year, upon the release of additions and changes to the wall by the Department of Defense, Signs and Designs, Inc. updates our panels.
Due to our small all-volunteer staff, we ONLY DISPLAY IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA.
- Begin planning six to 12 months ahead of desired display dates.
- Rental fee as of 1/1/18 is $7,500. Hosts should expect an additional $3,000-$5,000 in expenses for infrastructure, volunteer costs, security, insurance, etc.
- A grassy, park-like area with trees, if possible, makes an appropriate setting. The Wall is always displayed outdoors and is open to the public 24 hours/day. Our team will review and approve the location.
- Wall length is 252′ 4.5″
- Recommended display duration is four days.
- Host is responsible for building a sturdy, straight, and level structure as a platform for the AV Wall. It is recommended to use an engineer or contractor to accomplish this.
- The AV Wall is always the main display. Vendors are not allowed within the boundaries of the memorial setting.
- A strong volunteer workforce is critical. Approximately 50 volunteers are needed to work around the clock for a four day display. AV Wall provides detailed training two weeks before the display.
- Host is responsible for hiring a licensed and insured security guard from 10 pm-6 am from the time the base is set up until it is disassembled.
- Host must list Point Man Antelope Valley as an additional insured on their insurance policy.
For additional details, please contact us at (661) 524-6408.
To submit a request to display The Mobile Vietnam Memorial Wall, please complete the following information: