AV Wall Volunteer Appreciation Potluck Dinner
Thank you to all of our dedicated volunteers!! The 2022 Palmdale display “About The Wall – Facts & Faces” was a success. We reached thousands of people and healed many souls.
Volunteers, save the date of Monday, January 23, 2023 for our Volunteer Appreciation Potluck Dinner at 6pm at Chimbole Cultural Center. Details to follow, but in the meantime you may plan a food item and prepare to share your story of your time at The Wall.
Happy Holidays! See you next year.
Stolen: AV Wall Trailer
Point Man Antelope Valley and The Mobile Vietnam Memorial Wall (AV Wall) Board Members are saddened to announce that our organization was the victim of theft.
On September 10, 2022 we discovered that our new trailer was stolen from its parking space at Life Storage, 380 West Palmdale Blvd. Many support items for our AV Wall display were in the trailer. Fortunately, our beloved Wall panels are safely stored in our original trailer. A stolen vehicle report has been filed with Palmdale Sheriff’s Station.
We are blessed with funds, perseverance, and a determined mindset to be able to push forward with our November 9-13 AV Wall display in Palmdale.
We are not asking for monetary donations, but we will appreciate your prayers and volunteer time during the set-up of the display.
We also ask you to be on the lookout for any of our stolen items:
- 2022 7’x18’ White Carson Trailer license plate 4UR2572
- 4”x4” black steel tubing with attached stakes
- 8 Wood slat benches with black metal backs
- 16 4”x4”x16’ engineered lumber (glue-lams)
- AV Wall/Point Man AV Tent Canopy with walls
- Keychain beads representing US Military conflicts
- Battlefield Cross box and contents (replica rifle, helmet, boots)
- 4 100’ yellow #10 extension cords
- 24 Orange work lights with stakes
- 2 120’ 8-gauge electric cord with spliced-in junction boxes
- 36” Red, white, and blue floral wreath with large red ribbon
- 4 Black sign holders with AV Wall Hallowed Ground signs
Pictures of our stolen items can be found in Dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/zdajz38gyit1b5ckkcpjl/h?dl=0&rlkey=5w9jyp6nfb2za35ojjrv8rq0i
This theft is a definite hurdle and we know the set-up for our Palmdale display will be much more difficult, but our mission is to display our Wall to promote healing and to honor our fallen warriors. We promise to fulfill that mission.
Please contact any AV Wall Board member if you have any information on our stolen items.
Thank you for your support,
Mike Bertell, President
Linda Willis, Secretary
Stacia Nemeth, Treasurer and Volunteer Coordinator
Glen Nester, Engineer
Conrad Hernandez, Chief of Protocol
Augie Anderson, Gold Star Ambassador
Steve Willis, Logistics Coordinator
Point Man AV Meets Every Tuesday
Point Man Antelope Valley (PMAV) meets every Tuesday evening, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Antelope Valley College Board Room.
For meeting information, please call Mike Bertell at 661-524-6408.
Donate to Point Man Antelope Valley as you shop!
When you shop on Amazon.com, use this link AMAZONSMILE PMAV, and Point Man Antelope Valley – AV Wall will receive a dontation. This is a fun and easy way to support our mission.
You can now support Point Man International Ministries AV in the Amazon shopping app on your Android device! Simply follow these instructions to turn on AmazonSmile and start generating donations.
- If you have the latest version of the Amazon Shopping App, open the App on your Android device.
- View Settings and select AmazonSmile.
- Follow the in-app instructions to complete the process.
If you do not have the latest version of the Amazon Shopping App, update your App. Click here for instructions.